The GetHiredHQ Programme is focused on helping you to achieve a great career move. Not just any job. A career move that is a strong match for your skills, expertise and aspirations. A job with a company or organisation whose culture is a great fit for you.
How the Programme Works
It’s a collaborative 3-month preparation, training and coaching programme between you and Ian. At all stages, the programme requires you to take action based on the training and coaching Ian delivers. Ian will discuss this with you when you contact him to find out if this programme is right for you.
The programme is not a good fit for everyone. Ian will let you know if it’s not right for you.
The goal of the programme is to help you discover and get the career move you want, not a job you feel you have to have to take. Securing the challenging, interesting job you desire only happens when you consistently take the right actions every day. That’s why it’s an up to 3-month programme, not a longer version.
All parts of the programme fit into one or more of the following:
- Done for you by Ian
- Done by you, following training and with ongoing coaching support
- Coaching to appreciate your unique value and grow your self-confidence
- Accountability to help you take the actions to get the job you want
Here are the three programme modules:
Prepare – The Foundation Module
In the main, the work in this module is done for you, following interviews with you and some research done by you:
- Extensive in-person or Zoom interview (depending on your location) over one or more sessions
- Uncovering of your strengths
- Coaching to help you choose your preferred role
- Coaching to show you how good you are at what you do and why this is attractive to prospective employers. This will boost your confidence when applying for your next role and lead to defining your personal brand
- Identification of typically 11-16 Major Achievements, described so they are attractive to future employers
- Creation of Two CVs
- Tightly written 2-page CV for employers who prefer this format – strong visual appeal to stand out and be easy to read
- 1-page marketing CV – an integral part of the Promote Module
- How to quickly personalise your CV for different job applications (using a generic CV for all applications will adversely affect your results)
- Creation of supporting materials to reinforce your strengths to leave a positive, lasting impression with your interviewer(s) after you leave an interview
- How to write an eye-grabbing cover letter that’s quick to personalise each time
- Crafting your LinkedIn profile so it tells the same story as your new CVs and other materials, and so you can be found by recruiters or headhunters
Promote – The Marketing Module
In this module, Ian will train and coach you on the strategies and tactics to identify, connect with and engage the right people in target businesses. You will be given scripts, letter and email templates to use. You will receive ongoing coaching to help you get the best results.
This module shows you how to directly connect with decision makers who need your expertise right now, or may do in the near future. The aim is to promote you as the best and potentially the only candidate for the role.
- How to identify job opportunities
- Through research
- Through automatic notifications
- How to market yourself in ways that clearly connect the dots between what you offer and what your target employers want
- How to network your way to your next role
- Develop a magnetic pitch
- Where to network
- What to say to engage other networkers to help you (and what not to say)
- Best way to approach your existing network
- Training in a clever strategy to directly target and gain the attention of potential employers
- How to get past gatekeepers and get decision makers to take your call
- How to identify the best companies, organisations and institutions to target with this model
- How to use this approach on LinkedIn
- How to target and who to target (not necessarily who you expect) with your new 1-page CV
- What to say when you connect with a potential employer
- Framework to help you identify other industries attractive to you
- How to avoid undesirable or unsuitable roles/companies
Project – The Interview & Negotiation Module
This final module transfers the skills you need to project yourself at interview and give presentations to secure your desired role. Not just secure the role but do so with a package that rewards your expertise and motivates you to do great work.
Ian will coach you on how to win at interview and negotiate and will work with you when you are asked to create a presentation as part of the interview process.
- How to answer questions based on proven structures rather than memorising answers
- How to handle ‘landmine’ questions
- How to convey your personality
- How to ensure you get the opportunity to deliver your message your way
- How to stand out from other candidates
- Questions to ask your interviewer (you need to decide if their company/ organisation is a good fit for you too)
- When to discuss (and when not to discuss) remuneration and how to negotiate a package
- Questions to ask your interviewer (you need to decide if their company is a good fit for you too)
- How to agree your bonus scheme before you accept the role
This is an extensive programme to help you secure a challenging, interesting role often not available through conventional job search approaches. You bring your drive and determination to put your new CVs, supporting materials and marketing programme into action, and use your new interviewing and negotiation skills to secure a great career move for you.
Ian will perform the ‘done-for-you’ sections of the programme in a timely manner and will support you throughout the programme through training and coaching. He will also act as your accountability partner to keep you focused on meeting your part of the deal.
Ian wants you to quickly secure your next role as much as you do. You have to take action to make it happen.
Next Steps – Free Career Strategy Session
Contact Ian if you have any questions or to Ask About a Free Career Strategy Session with Ian.
A strategy session is just what it says on the tin. It’s a 45-60 minute session to help you uncover what is holding you back from securing your next carer move. It will also help you decide on the best actions for you to take to get there. It is not a veiled sales pitch. It’s a strategy session to help you.
Here’s Tony Dowling’s thoughts on his Career Strategy Session…
“Having a deep conversation about me with a senior-level peer was so valuable. Your professional approach gently peeled back the layers, challenged me and showed me the difference between what I do and how I convey it. My session was free, yet your insights and detailed conversation summary are priceless. Only wish I’d met you after I was made redundant a couple of years ago.”
Learn more about how a Free Career Strategy Session may help you